Welcome to the section of the website where you can find out more about our school’s governors and the work of the Governing Body.
The Governors play an active and supportive role in the life of the school. They bring a wide variety of talents encompassing many areas of business and professional life.
The governors’ role
- Together with the headteacher they are responsible for making sure our schools provide good quality education.
- They provide challenge and support to headteachers, drawing on their knowledge and experience.
- They make decisions together on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and school development plans.
- They monitor the impact of policies and oversee school budgets and staffing.
- They report on school achievements and respond to inspection recommendations.
- They hear appeals from pupils and staff and consider complaints.
- They ask searching questions and respect the position of headteachers as professional leaders of schools.
Local Governing Body
We share a Local Governing Body with our sister school, Highfield Littleport Academy.
Heads of School
Adam Daw (HEA)
Yvonne Skillern (HLA)
Trust Appointed Governors
Lorna Robinson (Chair)
Highfield Ely Academy
Parent Elected Governors
Victoria Leeks (HEA)
Vicky Berry (HLA)
Non-voting Staff Representatives
Clerk to Governors